Monday, August 1, 2016

This is it!!! I am coming home!!

Where to start...

I did not see this coming. I am going home! This last year and a half has flown by. It honestly feels like one big dream. The past 18 months have been some of the most joyous, exciting, adventurous moments of my life thus far. At the same time it has been some of the most Frustrating, challenging, and heartbreaking moments of my life thus far. I have learned a lot here! I have learned how to have patience, faith, hope, how to love people, how to teach, how to share the gospel, but most of all I found me. I know who I am. I know I am a Child of God.

I have come to love Cabo Verde. This place will have a very special place in my heart. I wish I could express all I feel for this place and the people but words do not describe it. I am excited to see my family again but I am saddened  to leave one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. These people here are so humble, loving, and generous. I love them. I love Cabo Verde.


I remember when I was little I told everyone I was going to serve a mission and no one believed me. They all thought I would get married first. but now I am coming home and my dream as a little girl has been achieved. I accomplished my dream. Really, Friday morning I will wake up and feel like it was one big dream. I now have new dreams and goals I know with the Lords help I will fulfill them. The dream of serve Christ, representing Him at all times has been really rewarding. Helping Him bring His children home truly brings more joy then anyone could imagine. This work is not over, the fight has just began, but now I know how to help Him better.

My mission has changed my life. I know I am not the same person I was. My goals for the future have changed. I now know what kind of mom I want to be, what kind of family I want to raise, and what kind of man I want to marry. I am so grateful and humbled for the opportunity and privilege I had to serve a mission. It has been some of the greatest years of my life thus far. The future is bright.


I know that this is the only true church on the earth. I know that Joseph Smith restored Christ's church and that the book of Mormon is proof that Christ lives. Joseph Smith is a prophet. I know as we read the Book of Mormon we will get closer to Christ then any other book on the  earth. I know Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet called of God. I know pray is our way to communicate with our Heavenly Father and that one day we will return to live with him. I know that our time on earth is limited so we must use every day wisely. I know God lives and that he loves us. I know the commandments are only to help us return to live with Him and as we keep them commandments we will be blessed. God only wants to bless us but it depends on if we will obey him or not. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Lots of Love,

Sister Burke







No comments:

Post a Comment