Monday, July 25, 2016

LAST WEEK!!

This is CRAZY!!!! Where has time gone!?! To be honest it does not feel real. This has become real life. Plus it has not hit yet. I am not going home, I will just be transferred.

This is my week of lasts as a full time, single missionary. It is not real. So let’s just review the last week.

I had a division with a new sister. She has 5 weeks on the mission. It was crazy to see that she really did not understand creole. I would look at her to teach and she told me she did not understand when they said a very simple creole phrase. It was crazy! I have been blessed to understand all these creoles and still learn Portuguese. Wow... never saw that coming.


It has begun, the rain season! That means the days are SO HOT!!!!!! Then it gets cloudy and humid... but never any rain... The humidity feel can go away, I am just hot and sticky... Uck!




Then, we were sitting at the baptisms this week watching them with our investigator. Our bishop gave talk. Our investigator then leans over and asked me how he could do the course to be a bishop. I looked at him like, that is not possible. This is Gods church, so we are called by god. He looked at me like whoa! That just gave me proof that this is really Gods church and we are really called by god. Either we have something to learn or others have something we can teach them but we are all in this together. We are all Children of God. It was a huge testimony builder for me.

I love this work. I love God and I love my family. I have seen the power of families this past 5 weeks and let me just tell you. I left my family to bring other families unto Christ. Future missionaries look for families, they are way more fun to teach. Thank you for all the love and support.

Sister Burke




No comments:

Post a Comment