Wednesday, July 6, 2016

4 to go

Happy 4th of July!

Can you believe in one month I will be home?!?! Where is time going!?!


This week was amazing! So many miracles!!! Let me tell you about this family of Gold! The last Sunday with Sister Cardoso, we were knocking doors and found this family who only had 5 minutes to talk. S we got to know them, testified of the gospel being restored and left a book of Mormon and we marked a day for the next week. The next week Sister Park and I went there but they were not home. I told her they probably did not want it the message. So we did not try again. Then this week they came to church!! WHAT!? We had not talked to them in over two weeks and they came to church all by themselves. They talked to the bishop. They were super happy to be at church. Later that night we went to teach and that lesson was amazing! We taught them about Joseph Smith and they accepted baptism! A funny thing, I asked if they read the book of Mormon, and they said yes. I know for a fact that when people read the book of Mormon they have the desire to go to church. WOW!!! God answers prayers. I asked Him for a month of miracles, since this will be my last month on a mission. Then what does He do. Opens the windows of heaven and blesses me more than I can ever repay Him. It is a huge testimony builder. I know that God is in control. This family is amazing!



I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!! Oh and Happy 17 months on the mission!!!




Love,

Sister Burke






No comments:

Post a Comment