Monday, August 10, 2015

6 Meses!!!!! (aka 6 Months!!!)

First off... I have decided the rain is fun but after the rain not so much. When it rains here everything wakes up; meaning all the dirt and allergies. Yes, it is allergy season!! So yes I got allergies which turned into a head cold. Ugh! Made it 6 months here before getting sick but no worries I am all better now.


Also this week was Zone Conference. Which is when all the missionaries in Praia and Maio get together with President Mathews and we receive training. Well this one was extra special!! I had to give a 3 minute training as well!! In Portuguese! WHAT!?!?! My training was on a mission rule so it wasn’t that bad but it was a little scary. My Portuguese is coming a long but I can hear most my mistakes. Then to give the training in front of Mission President, that was a whole different story. But all went well and I did a good job! Then the rest of Conference was AMAZING!!!!! It is like a mini General Conference! Truly mission presidents are called of God!



So 6 months! My mission still doesn’t feel real! The past 6 months have flown by so fast!!! I only have 1 year left!! What!?!? This week I was reflecting on who I have become and who I want to become. One thing I have realized that I have seen over and over again. God’s love for his children, especial me. I feel God’s love the most in the moments when I invite people to come unto the only person who can give them true happiness and joy but they tell me not today or they do not have time. At first my heart breaks because they are too busy for happiness and don’t want that today. When I know Christ can change lives if you let him. But just has fast as the heart break comes the reassuring feeling of love from my Heavenly Father telling me all is well. Just like Peter in Matthew 14:22-33 “If we continue to look to Christ with Faith then we will not sink”.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is simple. 1. Faith in Jesus Christ. 2. Repentance 3. Partaking of the Sacrament every week. 4. Seeking the Spirit for comfort and guidance. 5. Enduring to the end by praying, reading the Book of Mormon and increasing our Faith in Christ. These 5 steps are a continue process, a circle. As we live the gospel in our lives we learn of Christ better and help get eternal life. I know all this to be true! I have seen so many blessings from it! I love being a missionary in Cabo Verde!! I am so excited to see what the next year has in store!

Much love,



Sister Burke

P.S. My neighbor killed another pig this week. First time my companion has seen a pig die. That was lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment