Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Transfer 4

Drum roll please!!!!!!!!! I am staying in Achada Santo Antonio and Sister Gates is going home. I am very sad to say goodbye to Sister Gates. I will miss her dearly!


So my new companion is............................. Sister Ferreira........... I am so excited!!!!!


 She is from Brazil but moved to the United States (Utah) when she was 15. It's so lucky for me because she knows perfect Portuguese and pretty much perfect English!!! It is going to be a great transfer... I have a feeling!!

Not much happened this week that was cool. We were planning on having 2 baptisms for Saturday 25 of July (this coming Saturday). However last Saturday night our investigator turns to us and says 'I have to be honest I don't want to get baptized. I was already baptized.' What!! NO!! That is the main problem here. People listen and love hearing more about Christ and the gospel but don't 100% understand the doctrine of why we baptize. Plus they are were babies when they were baptized!! Baptizing babies is pointless. Babies are perfect in the eyes of God!! So we are going to continue to work with her but for now only one baptism for Saturday. I will tell you more about it next week after it happens.

Welp!! Sorry for the lame post this week. I am still sweating a ton!! Yep, super hot here still!! HaHa Definitely the land of the light!!! SO MUCH SUN!!!! I walk out of the house everyday smelling like I am going swimming but nope... So sad. I can't wait for the day I can go swimming again!! I love the smell of sun block and bug spray all mixed together with a bucket or two of sweat! HaHa Until next week!!



Love,
Sister Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment