Monday, July 27, 2015

Week of Miracles!!

First off, I want to share something to think about through this week. ‘Optimism... A great irony of our day, we are blessed with so much yet can be so unhappy with our lives. Happiness comes from the inside..’ (All is well, President Uchtdorf, June 2015 Ensign)

Second, I had a baptism this past Saturday! It was beautiful. She is a lot younger then my other baptism and really understands the gospel. During our lessons she would take notes. She was a reference from other missionaries here. She was really easy to teach and is so happy now. She does not have a crazy story like my other recent convert but she was prepared. We just need to show her the way.

The amazing part of this week... Be prepared, this only happens in movies but it actually happened to me!!! We have been working with this family for a while now and they come to church every other week. Well... after church the dad calls me over tells me to sit down then looks me in the eye and says I want to be baptized, what do I have to do!!! WHAT!?!?!?! Really, this only happens in the movies! So we told him we would come by his house later. When we got there we told him he has to get married first since he lives with the mother of his 2 kids. Which this can cause a problem; they are not from Cabo Verde so to get married they need a ton of documents.  BUT, they have them all but 1!! The one is in their native land and really easy to get. Another miracle! Usually foreign people don’t have all the documents. I am still in awe!!! Crazy!!!! Hopefully within the next 2 or 3 months we can get the family married WOW!! Truly this is the Lords work and people are prepared we just have to find them!!!



Have a good week!!

Love,
Sister Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment