Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Another Hot Week....

So last Monday my companion and I went bowling!! All missionaries need to have the opportunity to go bowling! Earlier that day we bought a watermelon and used 3 of our back up water bottle supplies. We set up our bowling alley in our living room. It was a great time until our watermelon broke. OH and we also had perfect scores! 
Ha Ha 

  
This week I saw another pig die. Totally normal here. People raise pigs just to eat them. Crazy!!
The holiday of the workers was May 1st. My first one in Cabo Verde.  So no one works. It was crazy!! Loud music everywhere, drunk people and lots of parties!! In the streets, where all the business are, there was no people. They were all in the house areas, tons and tons of people. 

Also I have now gotten 4 misquote bits. They look terrible, but this is normal for me. However it does freak out my companion. I just have always had weird reaction to bug bites.  



Other weird things this week. I saw a boy chasing pigs up a hill. Oh No Pigs on the loose!! I also saw  a car on a roof and not sure how it got up there but that was interesting and a good laugh. A the little girl in the cyber place keeps handing me her purse and tape. Cutest thing ever. 

Now on a spiritual note. Alma 26:16 "Behold I say unto you I cannot say the smallest part of which I feel" So much happens in one day that it is truly impossible to write it all. Today I have been on my mission for 3 months. 


Time fly's by so fast and I still have so much to learn. I don't feel any different, I am just tanner. I don't speak the language very well yet but I try really hard to communicate with the people.  I know I will not be fluent in the next 15 months but that means I have lots of room for improvement. The people of Cabo Verde love me so much that they are helping me speak the language, even if they are teaching me creole and not straight Portuguese. In the next 6 months I hope to understand and speak more fluently. The lord truly blesses you if you are serving him. It doesn't have to be a mission by small acts of kindness you are serving God. I love my mission and all the blessings I have seen so far!! 

Quote of the week: "Little growth occurs in the comfort zone. Little comfort occurs in the growth zone." - unknown. 

Love you all!! Thank you so much for all the love and support!!!

Sister Burke!!

P.S. All roads lead to the ocean!! I love living so close to the ocean!! Too bad I can't touch the water! ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment