Monday, November 23, 2015

Transfer 7.... Did not see this coming!!!!


I have been transferred to the island of Sao Vicente. My new area is called Monte Sossego.




My new companion is Sister Zhuwaki from Zimbabwe!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Did not see this coming!!

Only had 2 transfers in Assomada, I really thought I was staying and my companion was leaving but nope!! The Lord has different plans for me. I am really excited to get to know a new island but this also means I have to learn a new creole! Oh no!!! But I can do it!! In order to get to my new area I had to take a 40 minute Hiace ride (like a bus) and a 40 minute PLANE ride!! How cool is that, transfer by plane!!!! So far, from what I seen of Sao Viciente is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!





This last week in Assomada it was perfect!!! We had a wedding and a baptism!!! I love this family!!! I remember the first day we taught the wife. She was really against everything but was willing to listen to us and the message we were sharing. Her husband is a less active member but wanted the family to go to church. We started working with her and trying to get her to just read the book of Mormon. That is when everything changed. She has been coming to church ever since. She finally agreed to get married and baptized. Her wedding was a special day, she was so happy. She really made us feel like a huge part of this special day of hers. When in reality all we did was ask her to come unto Christ. I love this family. Every one of them is active and I am praying next year they go to the temple. I saw her change right before my eyes, one of the coolest things to witness is the change people make as they come closer to Christ.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Have a safe and fun week!!

Love,

Sister Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment