Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 40!!

WHAT!!??

This is my half way week! really where has time gone???? Happy 9 months!!! What!?!!?


First off Halloween was another day. There were not screaming kids on the street asking for candy. People were not dressed up in weird clothing. It was just another day. There was parties at night for teenagers and young adults but I went to bed.


Then, just 2 amazing things that happened this week. We have been teaching a family for a while, but this week we asked them to be baptized on a specific day. The brother asked us why we knocked on their door. That question is a dream question. That is when you know the investigators are really starting to feel the spirit and the spirit is preparing them to receive the gospel. We then told him the spirit lead us to his house, which is true. Long story for another day, his question amazed me. Why us? Wow, what a great question!!



Second, we were teaching the plan of salvation to this investigator. The investigator looked at us and said so 'what you are tell me,  if I do not go to church I cannot enter the Celestial kingdom?' We then said pretty much, yes. She then started expressing how she had never been to church. She has fears of church. We had a member with us. The member then bore her testimony of how church has changed her life. It was a great lesson. Then on Sunday she came to church!!! Wow!! The power of the spirit is amazing! I love this work! I love that I can really understand what is being said so I can understand these amazing experiences!! I love this work and I love being able to help so many people realize true happiness and joy in this life comes from Christ.







Love,
Sister Burke


No comments:

Post a Comment