Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Transfer #8


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! HELLO 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy to think, this year I will finish my mission!! This year will go by way to fast!! Today is my 11 Months on my mission! WHAT!?!?! Where has time gone!!??  Scripture for the new year!! 3 Nephi 12:47!!!


So transfers...

 For this week I am with a Mini missionary. For those who do not know what that is... it is just a ward member who is preparing to serve a mission.  Sister Duca is my companion for this week. She is from Mindelo.


 Then Next week I will start training!!! I will receive a new companion who is waiting for her Visa so she can go service her mission in Brazil. She is from the island of Fogo. She has not gone to the MTC yet because she will be going to the MTC in Brazil there for needs her Visa. So she is just coming from home to the mission here. How crazy is that!? I am so excited but must wait a little bit. I am going to train!! WOOT!!! New opportunity to grow and learn.

This week was crazy! I was with Sister Gimo (yes just for one week... lots of companions within a short amount of time I know but I have learned a lot!!). Anyway this week was a lot of firsts! I was trying to say a word in Portuguese but said it wrong. Sister Gimo busts out laughing. I then ask her wait I said. She told me, I had said a swear word. OH NO!! Oops!! Later that day we were at an investigators house, she offered us chocolate wrapped, this looked like a normal piece of chocolate... Well turned out it had alcohol in it. Oh no!! That was not cool!! We then asked her if there was alcohol in the chocolate, she said no it is something else. LIES!! Oops!! what a bad day for me...


For new years we came home at 7:30, since the streets were just full of drunk men who wanted to marry me. We then planned and made a cake then went to bed. At 11:30 we woke up and went to our roof. At midnight the boats in the harbor all honked their horns and fireworks went off. It was so cool to hear the boats. That was my favorite part!! Then at 12:20 we went back to bed. At 1am the parties started. Everyone was blasting music good thing I was super tired and heard nothing!




I hope everyone had a great new year!! Make this year great!!!

Love,

Sister Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment