Monday, February 22, 2016

Where did this week go?!

I think this was one of the fastest weeks of my life! I looked at my companion yesterday and asked her where did this week go?! I wanted just to stay on Thursday for a little bit longer. I still had so much I needed to do before Sunday but Sunday came way to fast.

Lots of things happened this week. First off it, seems like every person we are teaching right now is a complete family: Mom, dad and kids!! I love that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our area Monte Sossego divided. That means instead of just my companion and me working in this HUGE area there will be another set of Sisters. This means there are 4 of us in the house again.


This is such a blessing for us. Our area was huge and there was not enough time in the week to really focus our efforts where it was needed. This week we were able to focus our efforts where it was needed most and miracles happened!!!!!! I love this work! One of the new sisters is straight from the MTC. Hearing her speak Portuguese made me realize how much I have really learned. Then this morning a lady stopped us in the street and told me how good my Portuguese was. She was surprised I have only been studying this language for a year. I am nowhere near perfect but I can speak and understand.

This is the best time of my mission I can finally speak what is in my heart and people understand. I love this work. I know that the only way to live with our Heavenly Father again is through this gospel, obedience to the commandments, and the saving ordinances needed. I know with all my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth and the Book of Mormon is living proof of that. I hope everyone realizes how important the Book of Mormon is. I hope everyone reads it!!

Thank you for all your support! I love you all!!
Sister Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment