Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June already!!

Whoa!! I think I blinked! The month of May is gone!! Last week after the light house, which was amazing!! I quickly realized after I finished emailing I had forgotten to put sunblock that morning... Yup I got sunburned so bad!! But don't worry I am know getting a nice tan!! Only problem is my feet tan line are not even. One foot is lighter then the other. Drives me crazy!!!







This week I had my 1st zone conference. That is were the entire zone comes together to get training from President Mathews, this time it was all of Praia and the island of Maio. It lasts for most the day and is amazing!! So many good things come from zone conference!! What amzaed me was how much I understood. Yes the training is all in portuguese. I prayed to understand a lot and the Lord blessed me!! I don't know all the details that were said but I know what the Lord needed me to hear. The Lord continues to bless me!!



This past week was also divisions again. This time I stayed in our area and had to take the lead on everything. Which means I had to know everything. I was worried because we marked with a lady who only speaks creole. I have no idea what she said but I spoke and gave a great lesson that applied to her!! The power of the Holy Ghost is real!! Also while on divisions it showed me how far I have come! 12 weeks ago I couldn't have done all that teaching in Portuguese but now I can and from here I will only improve!!



Other cool things... MANGO Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When people says Cabo Verde has the best mango's they are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE MANGO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so sweet and soooo good!!!!!!!!!! I am in love!! I am so happy I get to be here for 2 mango seasons!!!

Love,

Sister Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment